Am I eligible for the AYA program?
You can apply to AYA if:
1. You had one of the following care statuses on your 19th birthday:
- Continuing Custody Order (CCO)
- Youth Agreement
- In the process of adoption (Family Relations Act)
2. you are doing at least one of the following:
3. And are between the ages of 19-27 years old.
When you leave care, get a letter stating your care status (Many bursaries require you to prove you were in care). If you've already left care, call your last social worker's office and ask them for the letter. You might have to go into an office and show your ID to get it.