Worried about homelessness?

Almost half of former youth in care have experienced homelessness. This includes couch-surfing, staying in shelters, or living on the streets. If you're worried about homelessness, there are places you can turn to find short and long-term solutions.

I need somewhere to stay tonight. What can I do?

Search for available beds in the Lower Mainland, Victoria, or other areas of the province. Try back daily as many shelters have people coming and going all the time and availability changes quickly. 

If you're under 19 and need a safe place to stay you can call MCFD After Hours or Kids HelpLine at 310-1234. It's always a free call. 

Insider Tip:
If you get Income Assistance and can't pay your rent because of an emergency, you can apply for a Crisis Supplement

Who can help me find a home?

If you struggle with finding permanent housing, there are places that can help. Agencies throughout the province can help you find long-term housing solutions. 

Subsidized Housing might help if you:

Supportive Housing might help if you:

  • Are homeless or at risk of homelessness.
  • Have mental and/or physical health needs.
  • Need safe, affordable housing.

Indigenous Housing might help if you self-identify as Indigenous. This includes status and non-status First Nations, Métis, and Inuit people.

Rate this from 1 (easy) to 5 (hard): 

Well, hello there!

Welcome to AgedOut.com. You're in the right place to learn important life skills find helpful resources, and earn rewards.

Anyone can find info on AgedOut.com at any time, but you need an account to earn badges and access learning quests.