Topics & Search

Empowering youth in and from government care in BC


Find subsidized housing

Find subsidized housing

Subsidized housing means the government or an organization is helping to pay your rent. BC Housing and Co-Operative Housing Federation of BC are two main organizations.

Do I qualify?

You may qualify for subsidized housing if you’re Canadian and a:

  • Low income person or family.
  • Person with a disability.
Do I have low income?

Low income means your total family income is below certain limits. It depends where you live. See the income table

How do I apply?

On the BC Housing website:

  1. Apply online.
Insider Tip

Fill out a Supplemental Application if you’re in a housing crisis. People in a housing crisis are given top priority. Housing crisis means you are:
Experiencing homelessness.
Fleeing violence or abuse.
Living in poor conditions that are affecting your health.

On the Housing Co-Operatives website:

  1. Choose your location. Type in your city and click find.
  2. Fill out an application form for each co-op you’re interested in. Some are online. Others are on paper and need to be mailed.
  3. Keep your application up-to-date while you wait.

Insider Tip

When you’ve been accepted to join a co-op, the Disability Trust and the Domestic Violence Relief Fund may help you pay for upfront costs.

Generic filters

I Need Help!

In Crisis Contact List

Watch A Video