If you're a residential customer and have experienced a temporary financial crisis, such as a loss of employment or benefit income, unanticipated medical expenses, or a death in the family and you've fallen behind on your BC Hydro bill, you may be eligible for a grant payment to avoid disconnection of your service.
How you can get it?
The Crisis Fund Grant can help if you have fallen behind on your BC Hydro bill for reasons like:
- You lost your job.
- A death in your family occurred.
- You have unanticipated medical expenses.
Am I eligible for the Customer Crisis Fund Grant?
To qualify you must:
- Be a residential BC Hydro customer.
- Be the residential account holder (or an authorized representative applying on behalf of the account holder).
- Have a BC Hydro account that has overdue payments, and be faced with potential disconnection.
- Experienced a life event, within the last 12 months, that caused the financial crisis.
- Show you have a balance due of $1,000 or less, and have made some attempt to make payments on your bill.
Click here for more details.
How do I apply for the Customer Crisis Fund Grant?
To apply for the CCF Grant:
- Apply online or Fill out a paper application.
- If you choose to apply with a paper form, you have two options to submit your paper application:
- Bring it to your local Service BC location or Mail it in to PO Box 8910, Vancouver, B.C., V6B 4X3
Insider tip: The fastest way to have your application reviewed is to apply online.
What you’ll need:
- Your BC Hydro account holder name
- Account number
- Your previous year Notice of Assessment from the Canada Revenue Agency OR average monthly expense, like shelter and utility costs, and financial information like bank account balances.
How often can you apply?
You may apply to receive a grant once per year, i.e. 12 months from the claim date of your successful application from the previous year. For example, if you receive a grant in September 2018, you would be eligible to receive another grant in September 2019.
Who can help me fill out the application form?
You can visit a community service organization in your area for assistance with submitting an online application. Find a participating Organization in your area