Employment and Social Development Canada is holding a virtual Youth with Disabilities Town Hall on Monday, December 5, 2022, from 8:00am – 10:00am (PST).
They are inviting youth (15-30 years old) with lived experience to participate in this event. Registration ends Nov 30th, 2022 at 2:00pm (PST).
The Town Hall will focus on two key topics: (i) climate action and disability, and (ii) youth employment and entrepreneurship. The event will open with special keynote speakers and remarks by Minister Qualtrough. This 2-hour event will build upon past youth engagement, including roundtables held prior to and after the 2022 Conference of States Parties (COSP) to the United Nations Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities, Canada-led COSP side events on youth leadership, and the June 2021 Youth with Disabilities Town Hall held during National AccessAbility Awareness Week.
To register for this event, email the following information to Accessible-Canada@hrsdc-rhdcc.gc.ca
Deadline is November 30th 2022 at 2pm (PST)
- Contact information: Name, phone number, email address
- Confirm that you are between 15 to 30 years of age
- If accompanied by a support person, please provide their name, phone number, email address
- Official language of preference: English or French
- Interpretive or other services or accommodations that you require
- Confirm that you have read and agree to the terms outlined in the attached ESDC Video and Photo Consent and Release Form. You may either complete the attached form or confirm in your email that you have read and accept the terms outlined in the form.