The 3rd intake period for the MCFD Rent Supplement opens soon!
MCFD’s $600-a-month Rent Supplement applications are back! Eligible young adults can apply for the third intake between August 14, 2023 at 8:00 AM until August 28, 2023 at 11:59 PM on the SAJE Housing Supports page here.
Through this program, eligible young adults can access a $600-a-month rent supplement for up to two years. All eligible young adults are encouraged to apply. 50% of the rent supplements are available to Indigenous young adults. The rent supplement program aims to prioritize the most vulnerable young adults and applications are assessed based on income criteria. Once Indigeneity and income criteria are applied, applications are assessed on a first-come-first-served basis.
Young adults planning to apply are encouraged to consult the Rent Supplement FAQ and prepare key documents needed for the application.
Young adults can apply for the Rent Supplement program if:
- They are between the ages of 19 to 26 (up until their 27th birthday); and
- They meet at least ONE of the following criteria:
- Are eligible for the Agreements with Young Adults program; OR
- Spent 24 cumulative months in any care status between the ages of 12 to 19; OR
- Were adopted or had their custody permanently transferred to someone other than their parent between ages 12 to 19.
Eligible young adults will need to be renting in the private rental market in B.C.
If young adults are on an AYA/TSA they are eligible for the MCFD rent supplement.
Additional Information and Resources: