The TELUS Mobility for Good program (M4G) is a partnership between MCFD, TELUS and the Children’s Aid Foundation of Canada. TELUS Mobility for Good offers eligible young people from care a free phone and 2-year data plan at no cost. After the 2 years is up, young adults can have a low cost, $35/month plan!
To make it easier for you to apply, the program is now fully administered by TELUS (previously shared with Children’s Aid Foundation of Canada).
*NEW* TELUS Mobility for Good is now available to youth in and from care across Canada!
*NEW* The TELUS Internet for Good program offers an internet plan for $9.95 per month (plus taxes) for 2 years.
Am I eligible for the TELUS Mobility for Good program?
You can apply for the TELUS M4G program if:
- You are between the ages of 19 – 26 at the time of application
- You were in the care of the Ministry of Children and Family Development (MCFD) or a Delegated Aboriginal Agency (DAA) or on a Youth Agreement (YAG) and aged out at 19
- OR you are eligible for the Agreements with Young Adults (AYA) program (NOTE: You do not need to be on AYA, just eligible for it.)
*NEW* Effective May 6th, 2020, young adults who are accepted to the Mobility for Good program will be eligible for TELUS Internet for Good.
When a young adult receives their Mobility for Good acceptance letter there will be information included that will share how to contact TELUS Internet for Good to sign up. This offer is not retroactive and individuals who were accepted to the M4G program prior to May 6, 2020 will not be eligible for the TELUS Internet for Good program.
*NEW* As of December 1, 2019, the M4G plan now includes the Peace of Mind functionality which throttles down the data speed after 3 GB and does not charge for the slower speed data. This means there is no possibility of overage charges.
*PLEASE NOTE* If you signed up for the TELUS for Good program prior to December 1st 2019, you will need to contact TELUS and ask to add the Peace of Mind functionality to your plan to avoid extra data charges.
If you receive data overage text messages you may not have the Peace of Mind functionalitly!
How do I apply for the TELUS Mobility for Good program?
TELUS Mobility for Good is now fully administered by TELUS (previously shared with Children’s Aid Foundation of Canada).
- Confirm that you are eligible.
- Download a letter of eligibility from their website according to the province in which you were in care and find a ministry or youth agency worker to fill it out for you.
- Complete an online application form.
- You will receive your personal verification code via email within 2 weeks of signing up. When you are approved a letter of approval will be emailed to you that contains your personal verification code and contact information for TELUS so you can set up your account.
- Go online or call TELUS to create your TELUS account. You’ll need to provide the following information:
- Your Driver’s License, SIN or Provincial Photo Card (any one of these is acceptable).
- Phone number and account number of any cell phone provider you want to transfer from, or your TELUS phone number (if applicable).
- Accessible mailing address for shipping of the phone and/or sim card
- Once your order is processed, your phone and/or sim card will be shipped to your address.
Additionally, all new TELUS customers must undergo a credit check, but youth referred to TELUS through this program will be able to sign up regardless of their credit history.
PLEASE NOTE: the results of your credit check will not impact your eligibility for this program! AND if you have bad credit, this program offers an opportunity to build your credit!
Each individual will receive only ONE verification code during the entire lifetime of this program. Codes expire after 6 months and they cannot be replaced, so you must make sure you are ready to enrol in the program with 4 months of receiving your verification code.
To find out more click here.
Please note: This is the correct email address Mobilityforgood@telus.com to contact TELUS with any questions regarding your plan or phone, the email address they have on their website isn't the correct one.
TELUS Internet for Good program
TELUS Internet for Good is a program that offers an internet plan for $9.95 per month (plus taxes) for 2 years. Apply here.
Recipients of the Internet for Good program also have the option to purchase a low-cost refurbished computer through BC Technology for Learning.
TELUS Internet for Good for Students - Available for students in Kindergarten to Grade 12. Telus Internet for Good redemption codes can be given out by teachers/principals at your school. Click here to learn more.
Am I eligible for the TELUS Internet for Good program?
Youth in and from care:
- Youth aged 19 - 26 who have aged out of care in BC.
People with disabilities:
- Internet for Good is available to those who receive the BC Persons with Disability (PWD) benefit the provincial governments.
Low income families:
- Internet for Good is available to low-income households who have children under 19 and who receive the maximum Canada Child Benefit.
How do I apply for the TELUS Internet for Good program?
- Confirm that you are are eligible.
Download letter of eligibility.
Ask an official representative (worker, employee, volunteer) from a youth agency/organization/Ministry to confirm your care status and complete the letter of eligibility (note that this is the same letter used for the Mobility for Good program).
Email your eligability letter to: email@example.com
by mail to:
Attention: Internet for Good Program
4535 Canada Way
Burnaby, BC V5G 4P3
*Please include your full name, return address, email address (if applicable) and contact phone number so we can contact you about your application.*
Receive program approval, along with a unique TELUS Internet for Good redemption code.
Call TELUS to redeem your code to set up your internet service and schedule an installation.