The Telus mobility for good program is a partnership between MCFD, TELUS and the Children’s Aid Foundation of Canada. It offers youth from care with a free phone and 2-year data plan at no cost. After the 2 years is up, you can continue to have a low cost, $35/month plan!
Am I eligible for the Telus mobility for good program?
You can apply for the Telus M4G program if:
- You are between the ages of 19 – 26 at the time of application
- You were in the care of the Ministry of Children and Family Development (MCFD) or a Delegated Aboriginal Agency (DAA) or on a Youth Agreement (YAG) and aged out at 19
- OR you are eligible for the Agreements with Young Adults (AYA) program (NOTE: You do not need to be on AYA, just eligible for it.)
How do I apply?
Complete an online application form
- To confirm your eligibility, you will need to submit a letter from your social worker from Ministry of Child and Family Development or Delegated Aboriginal Agency, or a worker from a youth-serving agency who can officially confirm your care status in British Columbia. You can attach an electronic copy to your application form. If you have received a scholarship or bursary from us, we have a worker reference on file for you and a letter from your agency is not required.
- The letter must include the following:
- Your legal name
- Your date of birthday
- Confirmation that you were under permanent or temporary care of Ministry of Children and Family Development/Delegated Aboriginal Agency or on a youth agreement as of your 19th birthday OR you are eligible for the Agreement with Young Adults Program
- If your application is successful, you will receive a letter of acceptance by email from Children’s Aid Foundation of Canada
- Each emailed letter will include a verification code and contact information for TELUS
- Once you receive your verification code you can call TELUS at the number provided in the welcome email or sign up online by clicking the link provided in the letter
- Before calling TELUS or signing up online you will need to have the following information ready:
- Your verification code found in your welcome letter
- Driver’s License, SIN or Provincial Photo Card (any one of these will suffice)
- Phone number and account number of any cell phone provider you are transferring from, or your existing TELUS number (if applicable)
- Mailing address
- Additionally, all new TELUS customers must undergo a credit check, but youth referred to TELUS through this program will be able to sign up regardless of their credit history.
Each individual will receive only ONE verification code during the entire lifetime of this program. Codes expire after 4 months and they cannot be replaced, so you must make sure you are ready to enrol in the program with 4 months of receiving your verification code.
To find out more, as well as how to apply for the TELUS’ M4G Program, click here