It's a great idea to get a regular doctor. He or she gets to know you over time, has your medical history, and knows which tests, prescriptions, and treatments you've had. You'll get more personalized health care and not have to repeat your medical issues over and over again.
How do I find a doctor close to me?
You can find one online:
- Go to the College of Physicians and Surgeons of British Columbia site.
- Enter your preferences for a doctor, like gender or language.
- Enter your city.
- Select actively practicing.
- Click search.
- Scroll through the list and choose the doctor that's closest to you or just feels right!
Watch and learn how to find health services near you:
You have the right to ask your doctor about their educational background, how long they've practiced, or why they've chosen your treatment plan. You also have the right to switch doctors if you don't feel like your needs are getting met.
What if it's too hard for me to get to a doctor's office?
You can get online medical, wellness, and mental health services through Medeo anytime of the day or night. Think of it as an online clinic that's always open.
How do I sign up for Medeo?
- Enter your information on the Medeo sign up page.
- Check your email to verify your account.
- Start your visit. You'll be logged in and you can talk to a doctor or set up an appointment to talk to one.
Watch and learn about Medeo: